Background

Saturday, July 25, 2009

She's ALIVE!

No, I didn't get sucked into the blue brick building never to return again!

I have been SO busy the last couple of weeks. Collecting merchandise, setting up displays, figuring out my systems (yes, even a Drow can have a system). I have to make myself keep regular hours at the shop so I don't neglect things on the homefront. Here are some photos:

The sofa is a piece that was brought in by my first consignor. I have over a dozen consignors already!

The settee came from the auction that Holly and I went to. The Ethan Allen nesting tables are from a consignor and the jelly cupboard in the background was a treasure that Walter found at a yard sale!
I have books for summer reading and an antique beach chair. The hassock fan on the floor is a great conversation piece. It runs ALL day long.

The lamp is a Wildwood porcelain (gorgeous) that I got at auction, the little display case holds miniature items and trinkets. It has been a favorite "impulse" purchase location because I don't put anything in it that costs more than $2.

This is the "kitchen". Chris brought me the china cabinet...a roadside find! It is great for display space (which is at a premium when you have so few pieces of furniture).

Finally, the "Guy's Room". Boat parts, tools, fishing equipment, and outdoor items. I even have a hunter's camo umbrella. The dog muzzle sold yesterday to a boy who said he needed it to take his dog to the vet










I'm working really hard but am really enjoying meeting all the interesting people and exchanging stories! It's almost as good as being a greeter at Disneyland!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so nice. I always thought it would be fun to be a Disneyland greeter! I'd probably have fun in your store, too.

    ReplyDelete