Background

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

PROGRESS!

I feel remiss in my duties to keep everyone up to date on my "adventure"! Boo is home from school and I have been working very hard to keep my ducklings in line and move them forward.

Since my last post, my Pennsylvania-based scouts have determined that another party has designs on the little house on Muddy Creek Road and claims to have negotiated a lease; apparently, to open a consignment shop! It is a small world after all...

I have located another space. This one is in a "strip" of other commercial businesses including a burger joint, a dentists' office and a coffee/gift shop. It is also closer to home (if that was, indeed, possible). It has possibilities of future expansion and has good karma (more on that later). I gave the agent a deposit on the property yesterday and am in the process of negotiating a lease. They tell me I can start painting any day now! Red is coming down tomorrow to help me with layout plans and colors. She's the BEST!

I have also FINALLY decided on a software package and have dropped my computer off at the "techie shop" (local) to have it reformatted and given a memory boost. The people at Verizon and Comcast are sparring over my account (I wish) and the electricity supplier wants my firs-born as a deposit. Never mind I have been paying my bill on time for decades! This is a business.

On a more uplifting note, I went to an auction on Saturday. Noon til 6:30 then 7 til 9:30. I had an amazing time. It was intriguing to see the interest in each item and the personalities of the people who shall become my peers in this adventure. I came home with some ordinary things and some that were not so. One of the items I purchased in a $1.00 box turned out to be quite collectible. Thanks to the gentleman who knew his stuff and told me after I got it! I had information that I was able to share with others as well, and felt it was time well spent!

In all, it has been a very productive week. I hope to have a signed lease in a few days and keys to my own store. I have a separate blog to promote the shop and give customers information regarding consignments and store policies. I hope that all my cheerleaders will take a look and let me know what they see and suggestions for changes! After all, it takes a village (or, in this case, a team).

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic news! Sounds like things are really coming together and I couldn't be happier for you! Where can I find your other blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind on where your other blog is...I only have to open my eyes to find it! DUH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy for you. Must be so exciting to step into your own shop and visualize how it will look when business starts rolling.

    ReplyDelete