Background

Thursday, June 25, 2009

MORE Progress...

Today, I went to Annapolis. Walking from the parking garage to the courthouse on Church Circle reminded me of why I like this area so much... Brick sidewalks and tour guides walking around in costume give you the feeling of less hectic times.

The licensing division clerks were very helpful; entering all the information for my business license took only minutes. When we were finished, I was given a sheet of paper with instructions to go to the Department of Taxation and Assessments. I checked in there at 11:01 and checked out at 11:04. I went back to the licensing department with all my I's dotted and T's crossed; the clerk finished my processing and was patient while her supervisor looked over her shoulder to check her work. She handed me my business license with a smile of satisfaction. "You look like you may be new at this", I said. "It's my first one", she replied. "Mine too", I responded. I wished them a good day and left the courthouse walking on a cloud with license in hand. I am in business! WISH ME LUCK!

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You're in business...sweet words! I wish you the BEST of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what is next? Can't wait to hear! Cute pictures of the painting party! What colors did you use? Any pictures of the "finished" product?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting from the left when you walk in, one wall is a latte color (earth), the next is a buttery yellow (sun), next is a periwinkle blue (water), and finally a "leafy" green (plants). I really like the transitions and the variety will help keep the merchandising more interesting. I will take some more pictures tomorrow. I am hopping to get some furniture pieces consigned within the next week so I can really put some effort into arranging. Right now, we'll call it a pile! I hope to hang my "open" sign out next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete