Background

Monday, May 18, 2009

Books today

What have I done today?...I picked up three rather large boxes of books from a fellow freecycler.  I think Hubby thought I was just a little touched when I told him of my plan.  You know, after we cleaned out his mom’s house and got rid of donated all those books to the  Bryn Mawr book shop, it does seem a little weird to go out of my way to pick up someone else’s castoff books!  However.  I have to develop a new mindset and think it is actually going to help me get rid of sell some of the kind of things that I have been accumulating the last few decades.  Back to the books, though.  Three not-so-large boxes contained a few paperback best sellers , at least 75 “Harlequin-type” romance novels (have YOU ever read one?) a book on  Easter craft projects, another on carving Jack-o-lanters, and a Richard Scarry children’s book on Christmas.  Sorting them became a mental exercise in merchandising.  I do not intend to have shelves of books (not that they won’t evolve) but I can envision using them to create interest in other items and support holiday-themed sales.  No, I did not keep them all.  I re-posted the ones I did not want and another freecycler picked up two very full boxes two hours later.  Easy come, easy go!

2 comments:

  1. Tell me you kept the Richard Scarry book! What a great adventure..just like a treasure hunt! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! Yes it is a lot of fun. I have to make sure I do my "due diligence" and get the groundwork laid properly before I go hog wild!

    Today's assignment is working on my written business plan. My SCORE counselor is very insistent that I not commit to a lease or "spend any money" until I get that done. Oh bother.

    Next weekend is a big nautical flea market in Annapolis. THAT should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete