Background

Friday, May 15, 2009

In The Shop

The landlord gave me the combination of the lockbox this morning so I could go in and look around on my own.  I did not expect anything more than what I had seen when I shopped at Garden Decor.  What I did not anticipate, was the excitement I felt at looking at empty rooms that have limitless possibilities.  Spaces that had been closed off that I had never seen.  I started looking at each small room thinking about what purpose it would serve.  

The large room at the entrance will be the most exposed and should be the display area for new, larger, higher-priced items. The back corner room can be a "boudoir" space with bedroom accessories.  The center back room is the study, and the right, back room will be the shop for lamp repairs and touchup work (I'll need to ask about a ventilation fan).

There's a small kitchenette with plenty of wall space to hang kitchen gadgets and cabinets that can be used to display dishes.  Hmmm...I wonder if I can take the fronts off the cabinets???  

Around the corner from the kitchen, I was amazed to see an anteroom with countertop
space and shelves on two walls.  Perfect for packing items for shipping when I get my ebay business moving!  And last, but not least, the large front room in the center of the building.  I had 
really underestimated its size.  Getting out my trusty tape measure, I found it to be 23 ft. long and almost 12 feet wide!   Where's the lease?  I know this is the right space.  

I have moments of doubt, moments of fear, moments when I wonder if I've simply lost my mind... at this moment, I couldn't be more sure that this is what I really want to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment